Apeks XL4 Ocea Stage 3 Regulator
The Apeks XL4 Ocea represents a new, more environmentally friendly approach to dive equipment manufacturing. The new XL4 Ocean Regulator Set is made from recycled materials and a new type of bio-plastics in a factory powered by solar! Apeks, as a first dive equipment manufacturer, achieves the most eco-sensitive regulator in the world. The new XL4 Ocea uses lead-free brass that can be endlessly recycled and contributes to the plastic removal of about five times their new regulator's weight from the environment - it's the first of its kind regulator that you can genuinely feel good about buying!
The Apeks XL4 Ocea regulator's first stage is a well-known, tried and tested DS4 platform. Exceptionally well engineered with an over-balanced diaphragm in a compact, neat 1st stage suitable for both warm and cold water diving. The XL4 Ocea features 2 high-pressure ports and 4 medium-pressure ports.
The Apeks XL4 Ocea primary regulator and octopus feature a high-performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve delivering breathing gas smoothly at any given depth. This regulator is one of the most compact and lightweight primaries on the market, which reduces jaw fatigue over longer dives.
Apeks XL4 OCEA Environmental Features:
- All the polymers come from the recycling plastic waste process and bioplastic
- Manufacturing facility powered by solar
- It contains Lead-free brass that can be endlessly recycled and is stronger than standard brass.
- In collaboration with Plastic Bank, each reg set uses about 5kg of recycled plastic
Apeks XL4 OCEA 1st Stage Features:
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design - this results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports for very good house routing and customisation.
Apeks XL4 OCEA 2nd Stage Features:
- The Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long-duration dives.
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- The ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- A durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.