Apeks MTX-R Regulator
Apeks MTX-R Regulator
The Apeks MTX-R regulator is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high-performance, go-anywhere regulator. The Apeks MTX-R has excellent cold water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of first-stage freeze-up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements for diving in very cold water. The MTX-R Regulator is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field.
A first-of-its-kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
Apeks MTX-R Regulator First Stage Specifications
- Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F)
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium-pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Over-moulded innovative endcap and environmental diaphragm, a forged first stage body offering maximum thermal performance.
- The 5th 3/8” UNF medium-pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first-stage body with heat-exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium-pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O² outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O² must use an M26 Connection.
Apeks MTX-R Regulator Second Stage Specifications
- High-performance, pneumatically balanced, lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver-friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- The front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome-plated brass plate improving the durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and the top protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- The reversible second stage is for either a left or right-hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Double swivel hose
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
Apeks MTX-R Regulator Features and Benefits
The design features an over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice accumulation, averting potential free-flow issues in extreme conditions. The forged first-stage body maximizes thermal efficiency, while a ribbed diaphragm clamp enhances heat exchange in cold water. Angled HP ports optimize hose routing and transmitter fitting, and parallel turret ports improve hose orientation. Both the first and second stages are fortified against impact damage.
The second stage is user-friendly with no dive adjustment controls, reducing the risk of free flow. Enjoy enhanced freedom of movement and comfort with a double swivel hose. Our patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating cold from gas expansion and drawing in ambient water warmth. Rigorously tested in extreme cold water conditions, including a trial by the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit, and approved for Octopus use to depths of 60 meters in cold water.
Fourth Element is dedicated to making the best gear for your adventures, from award winning drysuits and wetsuits to swimwear and rash guards.
XDEEP has truly redefined scuba diving gear by offering diving products with the right attitude.