Apeks XL4 Ocea Regulator
Apeks XL4 Ocea Regulator
The Apeks XL4 Ocea Regulator represents a new, more environmentally friendly approach to dive equipment manufacturing. The new XL4 Ocean Regulator Set is made from recycled materials and a new type of bio-plastics in a factory powered by solar! Apeks, as the first dive equipment manufacturer, achieves the most eco-sensitive regulator in the world. The new XL4 Ocea uses lead-free brass that can be endlessly recycled and contributes to the plastic removal of about five times their new regulator's weight from the environment - it's the first of its kind regulator that you can genuinely feel good about buying!
Apeks XL4 OCEA Cold Water Features
- All the polymers come from the recycling plastic waste process and bioplastic
- Manufacturing facility powered by solar
- It contains Lead-free brass that can be endlessly recycled and is stronger than standard brass.
- In collaboration with Plastic Bank, each reg set uses about 5kg of recycled plastic
Apeks XL4 OCEA 1st Stage Features
The Apeks XL4 Ocea regulator's first stage is a well-known, tried and tested DS4 platform. Exceptionally well-engineered with an over-balanced diaphragm in a compact, neat 1st stage suitable for both warm and cold water diving. The XL4 Ocea features 2 high-pressure ports and 4 medium-pressure ports.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition-tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design - this results in superior performance at depth.
- It has 2 HP ports and 4MP ports for very good house routing and customisation.
Apeks XL4 OCEA 2nd Stage Features
- The Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long-duration dives.
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, moulded, self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- The ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- A flexible nylon braided hose performs better cold water than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- The Apeks Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- A re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- A durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
The Apeks XL4 Ocea primary regulator and octopus feature a high-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve delivering breathing gas smoothly at any given depth. This regulator is one of the most compact and lightweight primaries on the market, which reduces jaw fatigue over longer dives.
Fourth Element is dedicated to making the best gear for your adventures, from award winning drysuits and wetsuits to swimwear and rash guards.
XDEEP has truly redefined scuba diving gear by offering diving products with the right attitude.